Getting started with PostGIS¶
This section describes how to get started with the PostGIS database included in OpenGeo Suite—connecting to the database, loading data, and some basic SQL commands.
- Connecting to the PostgreSQL database with pgAdmin
- Creating a spatial database
- Loading data into PostGIS from the Command Line
- Loading data into PostGIS with pgShapeloader
- Loading raster data into PostGIS from the Command Line
- Publishing a PostGIS table in GeoServer
- Basic SQL
For detailed reference information, please refer to the PostGIS Documentation.